Seasonal migrations of huge herds, and their ever-attendant predators. Vibrant floodplains that attract animals in large numbers. Modern, hotel-style luxury in a game reserve. This is Khwai River Lodge.
There was a time when you had to forego the luxuries of a starred hotel if you wanted to experience life in the wilderness; the adrenalin of watching big cats hunt their prey, the awesome majesty of passing elephants, the yawning gape of bathing hippos.
Not any more. Make Khwai River Lodge part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana and you’ll be able to combine your game viewing with more than a little pampering. Rare amongst Southern Africa’s game lodges, Khwai River has a gorgeous spa and a gym. Its food would do credit to a sleek city restaurant and modern essentials – like internet access and satellite TV – are always on hand. And all this is in the midst of the Okavango Delta’s acclaimed Moremi Wildlife Reserve.
Belmond Khwai River Lodge, at a glance
- Locally created, rather than hotel chain, lodge
- Choice of luxurious tented suites with thatched roofs
- Private wooden decks giving far-reaching views, with hammocks and easy chairs
- Netted, four poster beds
- Elegant, designer en suites
- Romantic private suite with its own deck with splash pool and open-air bathroom
- Unrivalled cuisine prepared by top chefs and served al fresco
For leisure and pleasure
- Private airstrip
- 20 m swimming pool
- Spa with a wide range of treatments and private tent service
- Well-equipped gym
- Choice of safaris, including: morning and evening game drives, guided bush treks, water safaris aboard mokoros, birdwatching and cultural visits
- Traditional boma for dinners and cultural performances by local groups
- High power telescope for great game viewing
- Curio shop with local artefacts, plus small library