The wildlife of Africa provides your soundtrack. The night sky is your bathroom ceiling. Astonishing views over a hippo-filled lagoon is your television.
At DumaTau, you don’t merely experience Africa, you become part of it. And its sights, sounds, smells and atmosphere become part of your day-to-day (and night-to-night) life.
You’ll be staying in a luxury tented camp in Linyanti Wildlife Reserve, one of northern Botswana’s most desirable settings, on a game-rich lagoon. To one side of this beautiful setting is the Chobe National Park, whilst close by is the source of the Savute Channel and surrounding Linyanti Swamp system. So you can expect an over-abundance of wildlife.
Hippos wallow in the lagoon, in plain sight of your viewing platform. Elephants frolic (if a 4500 kg animal can be said to frolic) in the twinkling water. Impala, buffalo, zebra, baboon, vervet, warthog, leaopard, cheetah, hyena, giraffe, and any number of birds all visit Linyanti.
DumaTau Camp, at a glance
- One-with-Africa camp shaded by mangosteen trees
- Private 125,000 hectare reserve
- 10 luxury safari tents on raised wooden decks
- Thatched roofs and canvas walls
- En suite showers open to the sky
- Raised platforms for terrific views of animals visiting the lagoon
- Dining room for fine camp food
- Pub and lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Day and night game drives
- Water safaris through the Linyanti system
- Various hides and viewing platforms for unrivalled observation and photography
- Bird watchers paradise with aquatic and land species
- Nature walks along the Savute Channel and Linyanti River