Everything about the water wonderland of Jacana will enthral you. Even the dining room; raised on a platform, between two magnificent sycamores and surrounded by wild date palms.
Waking in the morning, in an exclusive, Meru-style tent and stepping out onto your own wooden deck with a stunning, panoramic view of the Okavango Delta. Watching wildlife in the floodplains and papyrus swamps, from the wonderful vantage point of a natural island. Even dining amidst dense wild date palms, and spending evenings around an open fire, beneath the stars.
Make Jacana Camp one of the prime destinations on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Botswana and you’ll very quickly discover that everything about this remote, scenic island fits the ideal picture of a safari adventure through some of the best, most untouched habitats in Southern Africa. The Okavango Delta will reveal its natural attractions in a ceaseless parade of astonishing birdlife and game encounters.
Jacana Camp, at a glance
- Small and exclusive camp on a remote island in the Okavango Delta
- Just five Meru-style tents, built on raised platforms
- Panoramic views of the amazing Okavango Delta
- Enclosed, en suite bathrooms
- Delicious camp food served in a dining room amongst the trees
- Lounge with an open fire for evenings beneath the stars
For leisure and pleasure
- Plunge pool for cooling off in the heat of the sun
- Game drives in 4x4 Land Rovers with all-round viewing
- Spectacular bird watching
- Mokoro (dugout canoe) adventures along the delta’s channels and byways
- 12 and seven seater boats for water safaris
- Raised hide for close wildlife observation and sleep-outs
- Fishing trips