With its marvelous setting beside the Xudum River, Kanana will present you with wonderful land safaris, water excursions …and even the chance to see beneath the surface of the delta.
Tucked away in the southwest region of the Okavango Delta, beside the Xudum River, is a rare opportunity. Kanana safari camp offers you the perfect base for explore the teeming wildlife of an area that is recognized as being amongst the most game-rich in the whole of Southern Africa. Make Kanana part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Botswana and you will be able to encounter the animals – both predators and prey – of the grasslands. You will be able to explore the delta’s hidden channels, the secret waterways and the necklace of islands covered in palms, fig, ebony and knobthorn trees that make up this enthralling region.
You will also be able to see the wildlife beneath the surface of the water, thanks to Kanana’s ingenious, glass-bottomed mokoro canoes.
Kanana, at a glance
- Hidden jewel of a camp, on the banks of the Xudum River
- Set amongst the islands and waterways of the Okavango’s southwest
- Eight spacious, twin-bedded tents
- En suites with hot and cold running water
- Spaced out for privacy and individual safari experiences
- Raised teak platforms give splendid views over the river
- Excellent safari food served in a classic tented dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Sleep-out deck overlooking an expansive water hole
- Irresistible swimming pool
- Glass-bottomed mokoros for underwater wildlife viewing
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Night drives with spotting lamps
- Nature walks with expertly trained guides
- Delta exploration by motorboat
- Water excursions to Southern Africa’s largest heronries
- Bush picnics
- Half and full day bush adventures
- Fishing expeditions
- Kanana Mokoro Trail