You’ve heard the saying that two heads are better than one? The same could be said of these two northern Bostwana safari camps.
Why settle for just one safari camp, when you can experience two and enjoy different sensations in each? Only 30 kms apart, both Kwando lagoon and Lebala enjoy the exclusivity of being set amidst their own private concessions. They do, however, offer you two quite different approaches to viewing wildlife.
Lebala means ‘wide open spaces’ in Setswana, and is dominated by plains stretching from horizon to horizon, dotted with clumps of trees and giving way to wooded savannah.
Kwando Lagoon, as its name suggests, overlooks the Kwando River and is set in the cool shade of an ebony and marula tree forest – a favorite watering place for huge herds of elephants and other game.
Kwando Lagoon, at a glance
- Kwando riverbank setting beneath graceful trees
- Eight traditionally styled suites with tented walls, thatched roofs and hardwood floors, plus en suites
- Elephant and hippo normally visible from within the camp
- Fantastic bird watching in the heavily forested setting
- Guided walking safaris
- Off road and night game drives
- Fishing and evening boat safaris
- Expect to see big game, otters, wild dogs
Lebala, at a glance
- Plains and Linyanti Marsh setting
- Eight luxury tents with en suites, baths and double outside showers
- Seasonal walks with expert guides
- Game drives, including night and off-road
- Expect to see zebra, wildebeest, impala, giraffe, tsessebe, lechwe, waterbuck and – occasionally - sitatunga