Both have game viewing opportunities in abundance. But one offers the romanticised safari experience; the other is smaller, and even more exclusive. Which ‘sister’ will you choose?
Whether you specify Kwara safari camp, or its smaller sister Little Kwara, on the itinerary for your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Botswana, you will find yourself in an area teeming with wildlife.
Set in the remote northern region of the Okavango, Kwara overlooks a secluded lagoon that attracts a huge variety of animals and birds, whilst Little Kwara stands beside the acclaimed Moremi Game Reserve. Between them they cover habitats ranging from wetlands to dry grasslands. So expect elephants and hippos, big cats and their prey, herds of graceful grazers, as well as myriad reptiles and fascinating birds. The difficulty lies in choosing between the romance of the larger Kwara – with its honeymoon tent – or Little Kwara with fewer guests and the sensation of being even more remote.
Kwara and Little Kwara, at a glance
- Two sister camps in remote settings in northern Okavango
- Kwara offers a choice of eight traditionally styled safari tents, Little Kwara has just five
- Raised wooden decks giving great views
- En suites with showers, plus outside safari showers
- Kwara has a honeymoon tent with full bathroom and soaking tub
- Open-sided thatched lodges serving excellent camp food accompanied by wide open views
For leisure and pleasure
- Permanent water settings that attract a wide diversity of animals
- Ebony and mangosteen trees full of indigenous birds
- Nature walks with experienced guides and tracker teams
- Night and day game drives
- Boat and mokoro cruises through the delta’s hidden waterways
- Bring your own fly fishing tackle, or spin for tilapia, African pike, catfish and tigerfish