In the whole of Botswana there is no better place to find a huge range of natural wildlife. Or to savour the luxury of a modern, tented camp.
The phrase ‘raining cats and dogs’ may cross your mind. But it won’t, however, have anything to do with the weather. The cats are lions; there are resident prides of nature’s most spectacular feline roaming close to the camp. And the dogs are wild, hunting across one of Africa’s most spectacular wildernesses.
But they’re not the only visitors to the fabled Selinda Spillway – a floodplain system set in the heart of the massive Selinda Reserve. Put a safari at this camp on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Botswana and you’re likely to come face-to-face with wildlife like zebra, baboon, aardwolf, civet and any number of noisy, dazzling birds.
You’ll also experience the true safari-feel of a tented camp catering for just a handful of visitors.
Selinda Camp, at a glance
- Set on the banks of the Selinda Spillway, in the heart of the 320,000 acre Selinda Reserve
- Exclusive tented camp for just 16 visitors
- Authentic bush camp with luxury thatched tents raised on wooden decks
- Private viewing decks
- En suite bathrooms complete with stone tubs and dressing rooms
- Thatched lodge serving great food and fine wine from an extensive cellar
For leisure and pleasure
- Elephant, hippo, hyena, wildebeest, impala, kudu, zebra, lion, buffalo, wild dogs, lechwe – to name a few
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives
- Night safaris to spot nocturnal wildlife
- Guided bush walks
- Excellent bird watching opportunities
- Boat cruises along the Spillway (season dependent)
- Open camp fire and fire pit
- Plunge pool by the main lodge
- Art gallery