Stanley’s Camp has a long association with the Living with Elephants Foundation, so seeing grown and juvenile ellies strolling past, a few feet from the veranda of your raised suite is virtually an everyday occurrence. Not that the surreal-ness of the scene ever wears off!
The world’s favorite pachyderms aren’t the only reason to put Sanctuary Stanley’s Camp on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Botswana, though. The Okavango Delta changes with the passing months, from dry savannah to verdant wetlands, so you’re treated to an impressive and ever-changing parade of wildlife. Which means that game drives, walking safaris and night excursions always reveal something new and exciting.
It is said that an elephant never forgets. Stanley’s Camp offers you an experience you’ll remember forever.
Stanley’s Camp, at a glance
- Traditional safari camp set on the edge of the Moremi Game Reserve
- Choice of just eight classic canvas safari tents, gathered under a huge African ebony tree
- Superb views over the Okavango floodplains from private verandas
- Décor recalling the days of the early explorers
- Understated elegance plus African furnishings and artefacts
- Great camp food served in the main dining tent
- Cocktail bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Set in a game-rich 260,000 acre, private concession
- Swimming pool with game viewing
- Interaction in association with the Living With Elephants Foundation
- Walking with young elephants
- Expeditions into Moremi Game Reserve
- Close observation of active hyena dens near the camp
- Guided walking safaris to track smaller game and observe indigenous flora
- Great birdwatching depending on season
- Traditional fire pit for sundowners and socialising
- Library and curio shop