If your normal view of safaris is tracking game animals across hot plains, Xigera Camp will introduce you to a different element. Cool, quiet, game-rich water.
You glide silently along winding channels of crystal clear water, scanning the reed beds and banks for game. Suddenly you catch a glimpse of one of Africa’s rarest antelopes; a sitatunga. An impressive sighting for anyone who knows their game observation. Or you may see a Pel’s Owl fishing the tranquil waters; again an impressive catch for any committed birder.
Make sure you visit Xigera Camp during your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Botswana and you’ll add a different dimension to the traditional safari. Of course, Xigera will take you on overland games drives, but it’s when you take to the water you’ll be really surprised. Especially when lion, hyena, buffalo or even leopards wade or swim across the channel in front of you, in their search for food.
Xigera Camp, at a glance
- Idyllic safari camp on the aptly named Paradise Island
- Choice of 10 luxurious tents on raised platforms
- En suite facilities including an al fresco shower
- Photogenic views of the surrounding Okavango Delta floodplains
- Fine food served in an airy dining room overlooking a permanently flowing channel
- Traditional, open air African boma for dining, drinks and yarning
For leisure and pleasure
- Welcoming plunge pool for cooling off after a hot game drive
- Excursions to find the very elusive sitatunga antelope
- Water safaris a speciality
- Game drives during the day only, in Land Rovers giving outside views to all
- Nature walks around the island
- Mokoro dugout canoe excursions and fishing trips
- Paradise, literally, for birdwatchers and lovers of tranquillity