The views from the Gohar Hotel stretch as far as the eye can see – and they’re made all the more exciting as they include Gondar, the historic ancient capital.
You have a sense of the grandeur and the style in which the old King Fasiledes lived as you walk around the remains of his once-glorious capital. Built in the 17th century you’ll find castellated turrets, decorated arches and the thick stone towers reminiscent of medieval European castles, but with a distinctly African flavour.
But even Fasiledes would have been impressed by modern day accommodation. Stay at the Gohar Hotel on your tailor-made holiday to Ethiopia and you will be surrounded by modern conveniences and comforts, as well as the colours and artistic traditions of Ethiopia. You’ll have dramatic views and the chance to explore as far as the foothills of the Simien Mountains, take trips to the beautiful Lake Tana or discover Ethiopia’s fascinating birdlife.
Goha Hotel, at a glance
- Hotel set on the hills surrounding historic Gondar
- Within easy reach of the 17th century capital
- Choice of 82 spacious guestrooms and exclusive suites
- Design theme typically features white, gold and black colourways complemented by modern Ethiopian artwork and decorations
- Sitting areas with writing desks
- Complimentary, internet access and flat screen TVs
- Excellent restaurant serving local, regional and international specialities, plus a bar with a cosy fireplace
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting swimming pool and sun deck presenting great views over the countryside
- Historical tours around the old capital and the royal buildings dating back to the 17th century and King Fasiledes
- Bird watching and local flora expeditions
- Evenings featuring traditional music and costumed dancing
- Souvenir shop selling local art and handicrafts