At the base of Mt Kenya, set out on safari on foot, on horse or by driving to see white rhino’s and leopards. Beautiful accommodations, perfect for both couples and families awaits your return, with infinity pools and games for everyone.
Everything about Lewa Wilderness Trails fits the picture you have of the quintessential African safari. The setting, beside the Equator at the base of the towering Mount Kenya. The near-invisible leopard lounging in a tree. The incredibly rare white rhino glaring at you from the thorny bush. The thatched lodge and cottages. The expert local trackers. The horse rides across the great plains. The giraffe plucking at thorn trees. The elephants ambling past on their way to the river…everything fits the picture.
And then Lewa springs one of its great surprises. Your host takes you on a spectacular, open-cockpit flight over herds of game, through towering gorges, over vast forests. It’s an experience you will never forget.
Lewa Wilderness Trails, at a glance
- Wonderful setting at the base of Mount Kenya
- One of Kenya’s oldest safari ventures
- 62,000 acre Lewa Conservancy
- Thatched main lodge
- Five cottages overlooking the Western Marania Valley
- Plus three garden cottages for families
- Traditional dining experience with organic produce grown on Lewa’s own farm
For leisure and pleasure
- Game conservancy gives high likelihood of seeing rare, endangered species: black and white rhino, leopard
- Sundowner and night drives in search of serval, aardvark, bush baby and hyena
- Tracking with Maasai guides
- Horse riding for close up game viewing
- Stunning biplane flights
- Infinity pool and sunbathing deck
- Game viewing balcony
- Tennis, billiards and table tennis