Mara Plains is a luxury camp with far-reaching views, bordering the mighty Masai Mara National Park.
It’s pitch dark, but the atmosphere is palpable. Out there, beyond the firelight of your camp, Africa’s top predator is roaring in the darkness. And he is not far away,
If you want a true, Out-Of-Africa safari experience you should make sure that the Mara Plains Camp is on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Kenya. Mara Plains will put you at the heart of predator country, where the lion may be king, but leopard are also known to regularly wander through the camp and cheetah have their hunting grounds close by.
Mara Plains Camp itself is small – just seven, canvas-walled rooms on raised decks – set in the huge Olare Motorogi Conservancy. So you will be able to get very close to herds of animals, not crowds of tourists.
Mara Plains Camp, at a glance
- Small, exclusive camp with access to over 475,000 acres of game reserve
- Only seven canvas marquis tents on raised decks, opening onto the surrounding jungle
- Private verandas giving commanding views
- En suites with copper baths
- Canopied ceilings and wooden floors and doors
- Covered and under-the-stars dining
- Sun-downers and open campfire
For leisure and pleasure
- Prime spot to see the wildebeest migration
- Open game drive vehicles
- Early morning and late afternoon safaris
- Night drives
- Wildlife walks
- Cultural visits to authentic local villages
- Hot air balloon safaris
- Immediate proximity to the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Lion, cheetah, leopard, giraffe, wildebeest, hippos and huge variety of birds