Ol Malo House sits on the edge of an escarpment on a privately-owned family ranch and game sanctuary in Kenya’s wild Northern Laikipia Province, the heartland of the Samburu tribe.
Life at Ol Malo is about experiences. Rise with the sun, soar alongside eagles over granite outcrops, and watch a family of elephant dozing under a tree through the pricked ears of your horse. Hear the crunch of rock under your camels feet, dance in the dust with warriors singing tales of the past, listen to stories of Africa under an Acacia tree whilst eating smoky toast freshly cooked on the coals of a fire. Retire to bed in rooms inspired by the architecture of the land or under canvas with a blanket of stars, lulled to sleep by silence.
Catering for up to 12 guests Ol Malo House is a perfect place for families or large groups to stay. Ideally taken on an exclusive basis the activities are plentiful - endless walks, camel and horse rides, mountain biking, picnics by the river and game drives, are just some of the activities available to take part in on the ranch.
Ol Malo House, at a glance
- Designed to become part of the wilderness
- 5000 acre setting in a private, protected game reserve
- Luxury accommodation for up to 12 guests designed for exclusive use
- House has three double bedrooms with en suites plus huge sitting/dining room with thatched roof
- Three extra cottages with double bedrooms
- Private, shaded verandas
- Infinity pool with staggering views
- Barbecue area for al fresco dining
For leisure and pleasure
- Horse and camel safaris
- Overnight leopard watches and camping beneath the stars
- Bush breakfasts and river lunches
- Day and night game drives
- Catfish and barbell fishing
- Cross-country mountain biking and running with Samburu warrior
- Guided walks and local Samburu village excursions