At Sarara Camp, the real guests are the animals. Six luxury safari tents, set in the heart of the 75,000 hectare Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Trust, ensure you get the very best that Kenyan wildlife has to offer.
At Sarara Camp you will meet the oddest guests. As part of Sarara’s conservation efforts the camp adopts orphaned animals, so you could meet a representation of the indigenous wildlife without straying far from your luxury safari tent,
But it is when you safari outside the camp that the real thrills begin. Expect your game drive or walking safari to track elephants, leopard, reticulated giraffe, antelope and buffalo. You may even spot hyena, civet, African wild cats, greater Kudu, zebra and cheetahs.
In fact, some of them may come to you – their watering hole is overlooked by the camp’s natural rock swimming pool. There’s even a secret hide that puts you within a few feet of wild elephants.
Sarara Camp, at a glance
- Set in the 75,000 hectare Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Trust, beside Mathews Mountains
- Just six luxurious safari tents with stunning views of the mountains and a game-rich watering hole
- Indoor facilities plus outside shower with great views over the watering hole
- Indulgent meals served to suit you, in the tented dining area, on the pool terrace or out under the trees
For leisure and pleasure
- Early morning and evening game drives
- Leopard spotting a speciality
- Guided walking safaris and valley exploration
- Over 500 species of birds
- Fly camping overnight deep in the bush
- Helicopter rides and flights
- Bush meals
- Visits to the singing wells – dug by local tribesmen
- Secret hide beside the watering hole