If the early morning sun stretching its golden fingers across the plain towards snow-capped Kilimanjaro doesn’t wake you, then the merry piping of the weavers will.
Almost before you’re awake you sense that you’re in a different world. You slept like a sloth, even though a wild male lion was roaring out in the bush in the small hours. But above your luxury tent, the day has already begun for hundreds of industrious weaver birds chattering as they create their beehive-shaped nests. Out on the plains lions, cheetah, hyenas and jackals are either stalking prey or lazing in the shade of acacia trees. Elephants drift quietly towards their favourite watering holes, framed against the mighty slopes of Kilimanjaro. It would be a cliché if it wasn’t so captivating.
Take a safari from Tortilis Camp during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Kenya and you can be sure of an unforgettable experience.
Tortilis Camp, at a glance
- Classic luxury safari camp on a 30,000 acre protected game conservancy
- Choice of 16 well-appointed tents, plus a family tent and a private, two bedroom house with two en suite bathrooms
- All with eye-widening views towards the snow-capped peak of Kilimanjaro, the world’s tallest, free-standing mountain
- All tents have en suite bathrooms
- House and family tent have a private swimming pool
- Hardwood floors and furnished verandas
- Superb cuisine with a definite Northern Italian flavour
For leisure and pleasure
- Immediate access to the 97,000 acres of game-rich Amboseli National Park
- Swimming pool with sun deck and bar
- Spa offering a variety of relaxing treatments, including massage
- Game drives in custom-designed 4x4 safari vehicles to watch lions, cheetah, hyenas and jackal hunt on the plains
- Over 1000 elephants in the region
- Bush walks with experienced, resident Masai guides
- Superb bird watching in the Acacia Tortilis Forest
- Bush breakfasts, picnics and sundowners