Your suite is on its own island. Your dining room is on another island, across a wooden walkway, with ladder into the lake.
And that is just one of the stunning rooms at Kaya Mawa. Others give you astounding, 360? views of Lake Malawi. Many have their own infinity pools that seem to stretch out towards the far horizon. There are elegant, two bedroom, two bathroom houses that are ideal for couples holidaying together. There are family houses with private courtyards, barbecue areas and large, lake-view terraces – complete with attentive staff to make sure everything is taken care of.
Then there is the experience of staying on Likoma Island itself. Obviously, playing on or in the water is a must at Kaya Mawa. But there are also markets, villages and countryside to explore on dry land.
Kaya Mawa, at a glance
- Likoma Island setting enjoying the crystal waters of Lake Malawi
- Choice of two exquisite houses, three premium suites, three family-sized houses and four guest rooms
- Most accommodation has en suites, infinity edge or plunge pools, fantastic lake views and easy access to the shore
- Fabulous, multi-level restaurant/bar serving international cuisine and local dishes like chamba fish baked in banana leaves
- Cool beach bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful shoreline
- Watersports including: windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, wake and knee boarding and doughnuts
- Fishing with expert local fishermen
- Snorkelling and PADI diving with two qualified instructors
- Walking to local cathedral and market, textile workshop and community project
- Mountain biking and quad biking through beautiful countryside