Will your most insightful experience at Mount Gahinga Lodge be climbing the slopes of a volcano, encountering a Rwandan gorilla, or meeting members of one of Africa’s oldest tribes?
Your first impression of Mount Gahinga Lodge could well be one of rightness. The Lodge’s bandas have been built in the traditional Ugandan style with stone walls and roofs thatched in papyrus, so they assume a natural place in the surrounding environment. Your next impressions will be of simple comfort, with added touches of style.
But perhaps it’s the things you’ll do on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Uganda that will live longest in your memory. You could, for example, arrange to visit the gorillas of Rwanda (Mount Gahinga is close to the Rwandan border), or search out golden monkeys in the local forest. You could interact with the welcoming Batwa people and learn about their culture. Or even track wildlife with a Batwa warrior in traditional dress.
At a glance
- Exclusive adventure lodge nestling in the foothills of the Virunga Volcanoes
- Set in the supreme southwestern tip of Uganda
- Choice of just six guest bandas named after the nearby volcanoes and surrounded by luxuriant gardens
- Design inspired by traditional local homes, using eco-friendly materials
- Stone walls and thatched papyrus roofs
- All have open fireplaces
- Modern en suite bathrooms with double vanity units and hot showers
- Dining in the main lodge, featuring a wide viewing veranda and cosy central fireplace
For leisure and pleasure
- Safaris and trekking through the forest after golden monkeys
- Rwandan gorilla safaris arranged
- Hiking across rich countryside towards the Virunga Volcanoes
- Batwa heritage experience, tracking wild game through the bush with a traditionally-dressed tribesman
- Interactive cultural tours and dance performances in partnership with the Batwa people – one of Africa’s oldest tribes
- Pampering and massage