In the vast expanse of the Namib Desert with its seemingly infinite plains, Desert Homestead Outpost provides traditionally styled, comfortably furnished and air-conditioned guesthouses.
Desert Homestead Outpost sits in a private 7,000-hectare reserve, sandwiched between the World Heritage-listed Namib Sand Sea and the majestic Naukluft Mountains. The property boasts 12 guesthouses in total, each with its own sun deck and uninterrupted views over the breathtaking landscape. The main house has a restaurant, lounge and also a swimming pool where guests can cool off from the desert heat.
Ask our specialists to include this property on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Namibia and you won’t be short of things to do. Activities include quad biking, guided excursions to the magnificent Sossusvlei dunes and exciting horseback safaris. Not to mention numerous well-marked hiking and jogging trails to explore and enjoy. For something truly spectacular, the property can also arrange for you to take to the skies in a hot air balloon – what better way to appreciate the vastness of the desert?
Desert Homestead Outpost, at a glance
- Beautifully situated at the foot of a mountain in the world’s oldest desert
- 12 stilted guesthouses including one family guesthouse and one superior guesthouse
- Each has shaded sun decks, partial outdoor showers, fridges and a sleeping deck on the roof for stargazing
- The superior house also boasts a spacious lounge, private pool and outdoor deck with loungers
- Both the family and superior house sit further out from the rest, offering additional privacy
- Panoramic views of the mountains, plains and dunes
- On-site restaurant and bar, with indoor and outdoor dining areas
For leisure and pleasure
- Early morning hot air balloon rides
- Morning and evening horse riding excursions, in addition to multi-day riding safaris, during which you may spot oryxes, jackals, springbok and zebras
- Nature and off-road drives in the Namib Desert
- Excursions to Sossusvlei in air-conditioned vehicles
- Numerous walking routes to explore, including the 12km Namib Mountain Trail
- Inviting swimming pool with a shaded sun deck
- Viewing deck on a mountain above the lodge, the perfect spot to watch the sunset
- Fantastic stargazing