Dramatically set on the very edge of Namibia’s Fish River Canyon, the views you’ll get at this chic lodge will take your breath away.
It’s worth staying at Fish River Lodge during your tailored vacation to Namibia simply for the chance to drink in stunning sunrises and sunsets over the canyon and its unusual rock formations. But great vistas aren’t the only highlight of a stay here. Guests enjoy exclusive hiking opportunities and 4x4 excursions in the surrounding reserve – a chance to spot desert wildlife like oryx, springbok, klipspringer and mountain zebra – as well as fat bike and cycling tours. Activities are led by expert guides who will reveal the area’s fascinating geological history.
The lodge’s contemporary design and architecture are inspired by the rugged beauty and starkness of the surrounding landscape, combining designer furniture with local handicrafts. Accommodations comprises twenty modern, stone-walled chalets, all dotted along the canyon rim on either side of the main lodge. Each has a deck, large bathroom and outdoor shower, in addition to an outdoor platform that’s perfect for sleep outs under the stars.
Fish River Lodge, at a glance
- Modern lodge set in a 45,000-hectare privately owned reserved that sprawls along the rim of the Fish River Canyon
- Minimalist design and color palette inspired by the natural surroundings
- Twenty spacious guestrooms, each with outdoor showers, large bathrooms with double basins and decks overlooking the canyon
- Majestic views over the canyon and Fish River below from the comfort of your own bed
- Floor to ceiling glass windows make the most of the sensational landscape
- Wholesome cuisine emphasising Namibia’s famous beef and game dishes
- Lunches are served out on deck, whilst romantic candlelit dinners are enjoyed in the dining room
- Eco-friendly property with a focus on environmentally sensitive tourism
For leisure and pleasure
- The lodge offers exclusive 2, 3 and 5-day hiking packages
- Challenge yourself along the 90km hiking trail through the canyon, passing through beautiful gorges and swimming in natural rock pools
- Guided 4x4 excursions in the canyon with expert guides
- Enjoy a swim in the lodge’s rim pool
- Practice yoga or sleep out under the stars on the outdoor platform
- Guided fat bike excursions
- Morning and sundowner cycling tours
- Enjoy a massage in the comfort of your own room or outside patio