The Lodge stands in the privately-owned, 30,000 hectare Ongava Game Reserve. It is set alongside the southern edge of Etosha – a beautiful National Park the size of Switzerland. So, as you can imagine, it offers you a safari adventure with as many stars as you could wish for….
Hundreds of elephants, lions, gemsbok, springbok, hartebeest – even the opportunity to see both white and black rhino; one of the only places in Africa where that is possible.
With its secret hides and access to many tucked away watering holes, you will find yourself having close encounters with the stars of Africa’s diverse cast of wildlife.
Ongava Lodge, at a glance
- Set in the 30,000 hectare private Ongava Reserve, alongside the huge Etosha National Park
- Just 13 chalets and one family room
- En suite bathrooms and air conditioning or ceiling fans
- Private, covered verandas overlooking the plains
- Great cuisine served in a thatched dining area, or on the dining deck under the stars
For leisure and pleasure
- Day and night game drives to explore the boundless wildlife viewing opportunities of Etosha National Park
- Rhino-tracking on foot with specialist guides
- Bird watching includes ostrich, raptors and specialities like rockthrush, weavers, shrike, rockrunners, Hautlaub’s francolin and Ruppell’s parrot
- Hides and watering holes for close-up wildlife viewing