Offering a selection of six naturally-constructed rooms, Lango Camp provides a truly exclusive safari experience in one of the world’s most pristine rainforest environments.
Lango Camp ticks all the boxes when it comes to an authentic and immersive wilderness experience. It sits in the south-central region of the Odzala-Kakoua National Park, surrounded by an enchanting mix of bai, savannah and rainforest ecosystems. Activities are varied, and range from on foot excursions to river boat rides, as well as wading – up to your waist – through streams.
Primates are commonly spotted around camp, including grey-cheeked mangabey, putty-nosed monkeys and Guereza colobus monkeys. The marshy bai in front of the camp attracts herds of forest buffalo and forest elephant as well as flocks of birds, but you’ll also get a chance to see dwarf crocodiles, sitatunga, harnessed bushbuck and possibly a hippo or serval. After dark, the forest comes alive with nocturnal creatures like bongo, red river hog and leopard.
Rooms at Lango are elevated above the forest floor which allows for superb views into the surrounding gallery forest. The camp itself is connected by a series of raised wooden walkways which gives it an enchanting tree house like appearance and feel.
Lango Camp, at a glance
- Eco-camp located within Odzala-Kokoua National Park
- Run by Odzala Discovery Camps
- Nestled in gallery forest overlooking a picturesque open bai
- Tree-house style camp with interconnecting raised walkways
- Six double rooms built on stilts
- Dining, lounge and bar area
- Star deck and fire pit
- Constructed using natural materials
For leisure and pleasure
- Wade through the Lango bai and savannah
- Explore trails around the edges of forested areas to spot wildlife
- Day and night game drives
- Star gazing
- Mountain biking between Lango and Mboko Camp
- Explore the Lekoli and Mambili Rivers by motorboat, kayak or traditional pirogue