Yes, the name does sound rather elegant and surprisingly English for its Zambezi setting. There’s an excellent reason for that.
Join the guests at The River Club and you do become part of an elite. You become one of the few to stay there at a time. You are also treated to the luxury of a traditional farmhouse converted, Edwardian-style, into an exclusive resort situated on a sweeping bend of the impressive Zambezi River.
From your elevated position you will have astounding views over the river, Hippo Island (the name is self explanatory) and the Zambezi National Park. From your room you’ll also be able to experience some of the most fabled of all African sunsets. Welcome to the club.
The River Club, at a glance
- Gorgeous, elevated setting on a bend of the Zambezi
- 50 acres of manicured gardens
- Just 10 exclusive suites, riverside chalets and family room
- All with en suites, air conditioning and fabulous sunset views
- Suites and family room have plunge pools
- Large dining room serving excellent food
- Poolside and outdoors dining areas
For leisure and pleasure
- Trips to Victoria Falls, the bridge spanning the gorge and Livingstone
- River cruises
- Etensive bird watching
- 80 species of indigenous trees
- Cultural tours to Sinde and Simonga villages
- Golf on 100 year old course
- Tennis and croquet
- Nature trail
- Safaris into the fascinating Mosi Oa Tunya National Park with its white rhinos
- Gazebo and summer house