A brand-new addition to the Norman Carr Safaris portfolio, Time + Tide King Lewanika Lodge is an exclusive camp with incredible access to the unspoilt Liuwa Plains.
King Lewanika Lodge is proud to be the only permanent safari camp within the Liuwa Plain National Park, one of the least visited parks in Zambia. It opens the door to this remote wilderness from the comfort of six sumptuous villas with decks that look out over the vast, flat landscape. Although luxurious, the lodge has a traditional bush ambience with canvas walls, leather and cotton furniture and the use of natural materials like thatch and grass.
Stay here on your tailor-made vacation to Zambia and you will enjoy unrivalled access to the region with exciting safari activities led by highly knowledgeable guides. You will have the opportunity to spot the park’s famous lions and cheetahs, as well as witness the continent’s second biggest wildebeest migration. Thanks to its wild and secluded location, guests of King Lewanika Lodge are able to fully immerse themselves in the beauty of the plains.
Time + Tide King Lewanika Lodge, at a glance
- Luxury, tented camp situated in the Liuwa Plain National Park
- The park’s first permanent camp
- Can be reached in 15 minutes by helicopter from Kalabo Airstrip
- Choice of six well-appointed villas which includes one family villa
- Decks offer superb views over the expansive landscape
- Traditional design featuring cotton, canvas and leather
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Activities led by experienced and qualified guides
- Run on solar power
For leisure and pleasure
- Two safaris per day in the Liuwa Plain National Park
- Enjoy day and night game drives as well as walking safaris
- Seasonal canoeing excursions and fishing
- Fabulous opportunity to see Africa’s second largest wildebeest migration
- Encounter predators like lion, cheetah, hyena and more
- Phenomenal bird watching with a variety of rare and endangered birds in the area
- Thanks to the remoteness of the region you will often have wildlife sightings all to yourself