Even amongst South Africans – notoriously spoilt for choice when it comes to world class vacation destinations - the Plettenburg Bay area is prized. And in this revered region Emily Moon River Lodge is the preferred option by those experienced, in-the-know visitors.
Why, you ask? Luxury combined with peace. The privacy of separate lodges perched high above a winding river valley, leading to a backdrop of monumental mountains. The chance to explore a marshland eco-system quite unlike any other. And easy accessibility to Plettenburg Bay itself, the Garden Route and superb beaches.
Emily Moon River Lodge, at a glance
- Picturesque six hour drive from Cape Town or under three from Port Elizabeth Seven individual lodges with amazing views, sumptuous bathrooms, private decks and stylish African-fusion décor
- Plus family lodge sleeping two adults and two children
- Self catering five bedroom house for 10
- Exceptional restaurant with African collectors’ pieces and international class menu
For leisure and pleasure
- Restaurant pool and garden pool
- Bush trails and farm tracks leading to Keerbooms marshlands
- Fabulous twitching opportunity including wetlands species and fish eagle sightings
- Nature tours by canoe or mountain bikes
- Easy access to superb beaches and the Garden Route
- Shops, markets and golf course nearby
- Plettenburg Bay activities readily arranged