It is a private home. But after a few days the charm of its setting, its wildlife and serene luxury will make you think of Tarkuni as your home
Set in a vastness of scrubland, between the rolling hillsides of two mountain ranges, Tarkuni is as remote as it is welcoming.
This private sanctuary is the home of the Oppenheimer family, but it quickly becomes your home-from-home – the perfect base for going out on wildlife treks, for experiencing the real African safari and for introducing your family to the life in the bush. Tarkuni is one of the few lodges that positively welcomes children and provides them with an series lifelong memories.
You too will remember the luxury, the camp meals, the hot air balloon rides, the spa, the rock art, the wildlife encounters….
Tarkuni, at a glance
- Private home set in the magical Kalahari desert
- Five luxurious suites – perfect for couples or families, or groups travelling together
- Magnificent en suites and outdoor walk-in showers
- Two lounges with open fireplaces
- Great cuisine prepared by a dedicated chef
For leisure and pleasure
- Cool swimming pool with tranquil sun deck
- Private game viewing vehicle
- Safaris with specially trained field guides
- Night walks and intuitive safaris to investigate nests, burrows and colonies
- Horse back trekking • Archaeological and rock art visits
- Spa garden with traditional herb treatments
- Hot air balloon rides