At Welgelegen you’re close to everything that makes Cape Town one of Africa’s most stylish cities – including the achingly fashionable harbour area, and Table Mountain itself.
Cape Town’s iconic Table Mountain begins its stretch towards the sky on your doorstep. But turn your back on it and walk down the Welgelegen’s quietly dignified cul-de-sac and you’ll find the bustle of Kloof Street is at your feet – and you’re amidst the sublime local restaurants, chic bars and artisanal stores that help make this city one of the most sophisticated on the continent.
Reason enough to ensure the Welgelegen is part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to South Africa. But there are others. The Waterfront, the Cableway and Camps Bay are close at hand. Fascinating city tours and trips to the top of the Table are easily arranged. Cape Agulhas – the southernmost tip of Africa – the Garden Route and the renowned winelands of the Cape are all accessible.
Welgelegen, at a glance
- Stylish boutique hotel arranged over two period Victorian houses in a quiet cul-de-sac
- Situated at the foot of Table Mountain
- Choice of superior, deluxe and mini deluxe rooms
- All have individual characteristics - a private courtyard with pond, for example, or open fireplace
- Larger rooms have balconies with very photogenic views
- En suite bathrooms with baths and/or showers plus selection of Welgelegen’s own toiletries
- Cool contemporary décor and super-comfy double beds
- Chic, designer-styled restaurant serving modern fusion and international cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Plunge pool set in a pretty garden
- Inspiring setting with views of Table Mountain and Lions Head
- A few minutes’ walk from fashionable Kloof Street with its upmarket restaurants and shops
- 10 minute drive from the Cableway, Camps Bay and Cape Town’s vivacious Waterfront
- Courtyard with sun loungers, parasols and sculptures
- Library and period-styled lounge
- Sensational base for exploring the city, the Cape and various regional wineries