In many hotels across the world your arrival is greeted by smiling staff, flower garlands and complimentary cocktails. Put Kigelia on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Tanzania and you’re more likely to be welcomed to this wild, tucked away safari camp by a herd of elephants ambling along a nearby riverbed. From the moment you clamber out of your tiny aircraft and onto the Kigelia landing strip you’ll realize you’re at the heart of wilderness Africa, and at the beginning of a truly memorable safari adventure.
As well as elephants, the local residents include regal-looking giraffe, great prides of lion, cheetah, leopards, zebra and gangs of fearsome baboons. You’ll also be surrounded by a flying cacophony – Kigelia is justly famous for its birdlife.
Kigelia, at a glance
- Perfectly positioned safari camp within the Ruaha National Park
- Just six large and airy tents, standing beneath the shady boughs of Sausage trees (Kigelia Africana)
- En suite outdoor, hot water bucket showers and flush loos
- Simple comfort with locally-crafted, pale wood furniture
- Game viewing from your own terrace
- Tented dining room and dining under the stars
For leisure and pleasure
- Beside a fabulous baobab forest, in one of the most game rich areas in the entire Ruaha National Park
- Day and night game drives in an open safari vehicle to see elephants, lion, giraffe, cheetah, leopards, zebra, baboon, crocodile, hippo, hunting dogs, sable and kudu
- Fantastic opportunity to watch exotic birdlife, without leaving the camp
- Dawn breakfasts and sundowner picnics