Experience ultimate luxury and flawless service at this intimate, privately owned lodge on the banks of the Arugusinyai River.
The marvelous Mwiba Lodge, the latest addition to the Legendary Expeditions portfolio, is perched on a rocky outcrop overlooking the seasonal Arugusinyai River. It sits within a private reserve encompassing nearly 130,000 acres of pristine wilderness, where dozens of freshwater springs support a spectacular array of wildlife. Guests are ensured a truly exclusive and personalised experience, with day and night game drives, bush walks and cultural excursions to local tribes all on offer.
Set amidst stone boulders and ancient acacia trees, the lodge itself is beautifully integrated into its surroundings, blending both traditional and modern design elements with textured creams, suedes, tans and charcoal accents. Guests have a choice of ten well-appointed tented suites, each furnished with ornate wooden tables, linen dressed sofas, soaking tubs and private outdoor showers. Each room also enjoys a gorgeous view across the river, whilst the slate-lined infinity pool overlooks three game-rich springs.
Mwiba Lodge, at a glance
- Secluded luxury lodge with a beautiful riverside location
- Set on a private wildlife reserve adjacent to the southern Serengeti
- 10 tented suites, two of which are adjoining
- Bathrooms with large soaking tubs and traditional canvas walls
- Close to the Ngorongoro Crater
- Children are welcome with a variety of activities to keep them entertained and busy
For leisure and pleasure
- Day and night game drives
- Bush walks
- Fly camping
- Picnics on the tree platform
- Helicopter trips
- Sundowners and dining out in the bush
- Slate-lined infinity edge pool overlooking three springs
- Enjoy a cultural visit to a local tribe’s village to get an insight into their way of life
- Spa facilities