Normally a safari is regarded as an intrepid adventure – a case of taking a vacation your way, far from the usual crowds. But make Olakira Camp part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Tanzania and you’ll be following the herd! Quite literally. Olakira Camp describes itself as a wanderer, following the annual migration of countless wildebeest as they plough across the Serengeti; which virtually guarantees you a front row seat as the drama unfolds.
But if you imagine that the romance of a nomadic life under canvas also means having to rough it from time to time, think again. Olakira specialises in mobile luxury.
Olakira Camp, at a glance
- Nomadic camp offering a superlative wildlife and life-under canvas safari experience
- Just eight canvas walled tents with en suite bathrooms
- Wooden floors and walls opening directly onto the great outdoors
- Hand crafted furniture, dressers and dining tables
- Canvas ‘directors’ chairs and comfy sofas
- Antique lamps and local artefacts
- Delicious dinners served under canvas or beneath the stars
For leisure and pleasure
- Grandstand seat to see the vast herds of wildebeest brave waiting crocodiles in the deadly Mara River
- Observe the calving season on the lush grasslands of the southern Serengeti
- Top guides ensure you gain the most insight from your experience
- Game drives to see other game, including elephants, primates and any number of colourful bird species
- Bush picnics and campfire camaraderie