Your safari tent stands on a raised platform. It’s spacious and airy, cool and even romantic. It’s shaded by a whispering palm forest and has modern safari luxuries like an en suite, an open air shower and two large game-viewing verandas.
Wonderful. But it’s the location that makes Siwandu (formerly known as Selous Safari Camp) so irresistible. Set in the heart of a little known game reserve that is actually twice the size of Belgium, it takes advantage of its position amidst the mighty Rufiji river system to show you a wonderful array of game animals – all of whom are drawn irresistibly to the water, the lakes, the tributaries and secret watering holes.
Siwandu, at a glance
- Superb lakeside setting in a 55,000 sq km game reserve
- Only 200 km west of Dar es Salaam
- Part of East Africa’s largest river system
- Two camps with a total of 13 luxurious tents
- Each with en suite bathrooms and open air showers
- Superb, chef-prepared cuisine and wine cellar at each camp
For leisure and pleasure
- 4WD safari vehicles for morning and evening game drives and photographic expeditions
- Boat safaris through secret river byways
- Exploration of Rufiji river system
- Dawn walking safaris for cool game viewing
- Fly camping overnight deep in the bush
- North camp perfect for exclusive use by private parties