The theme is African designer chic. The atmosphere is like staying with friends. The discovery of The Oyster Bay is something you’ll want to tell everyone about…and keep to yourself.
Relaxing in the gazebo, either reading or with your eyes closed listening to the sounds of an Equatorial African garden, is a calming, post-travel experience. Surrounding you will be fragrant frangipani trees, bougainvillea, water features, a profusion of carefully tended tropical bushes and contemporary sculpture. The house itself features light and airy rooms, and large open spaces. Sleek, modern African art complements ancient artefacts. Ceiling-high French windows open onto shaded verandas.
In the evening there is dinner. An informal affair shared with other guests, with a level of service that stretches far beyond the dining room.
The Oyster Bay, at a glance
- Poised on the edge of the Indian Ocean, in Dar es Salaam‘s diplomatic precinct
- Just eight extremely large and luxurious guest suites
- En suites with free standing baths and walk through showers
- Magnificent ocean views from private balconies
- Modern African designer décor, plasmas and wifi
For leisure and pleasure
- Lap pool
- Fantastic gardens for relaxation and unwinding
- All encompassing service, including pre-lunch cocktails and sundowners, and late night snacks
- Collection and transport to the airport regardless of the time
- Perfect stop-over before or after safaris, island-hopping and city sight-seeing