It may be called the ‘Impenetrable Forest’ but once inside it you should be prepared for some enlightening, magical experiences.
Actually, you don’t even have to trek into the Impenetrable Forest to be mesmerised by it. From the terrace of your private banda, at Bwindi Safari Lodge, you’ll be surrounded by the strange and piercing calls of monkeys and forest birds. You’ll be as high as some of the trees, so you’ll be able to peer into the canopy. You’ll see the hectic coming and going of any number of birds, as well as the riotous activity of treetop primates.
And when night falls you may be in for an even bigger surprise. Gorillas often amble casually into the Lodge and sleep there overnight!
Bwindi Safari Lodge, at a glance
- Unrivalled setting in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Stunning eco-lodge with views over the forest
- An hour’s flight from Entebbe
- Six hour’s drive from Kigali and a day from Kampala
- Choice of eight stone and thatched bandas
- En suite showers and solar power
For leisure and pleasure
- Trekking to meet any of four local gorilla families
- Impenetrable Forest primate watch
- Superb bird watching with large variety of species
- Escorted nature walks
- Hike to magnificent waterfalls
- Community walk to immerse yourself in local culture