If you like the idea of viewing an amazing collection of wildlife with your coffee, you’ll love staying on this old plantation.
Newly recreated from an old coffee plantation, Kyambura Gorge Lodge now gives you the unique opportunity to track chimpanzees as they crash through their treetop habitat. Or spot the big five on a game drive, or see up to 600 different species of birds – or discover how community coffee production now helps support both conservation and the local population.
Kyambura sits high above game-rich savannah plains, on the edge of the stunning Kyambura Gorge in one of Africa’s finest game reserves; Uganda’s Queen Elizabeth National Park. It’s also close to the Kazinga Channel, so you have the ideal opportunity to see birds and animals cooling off, from a river boat.
Kyambura Gorge Lodge, at a glance
- Multi-habitat setting in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Close to savannah plains, wetlands, Kyambura Gorge, Kalinzu Forest and Kazinga Channel
- Just eights luxury bandas nestling in the hillside, including one honeymoon banda
- 8 stylish en suite bathrooms with private balconies and panoramic views
- Main Lodge is a restored coffee store
- 1 hour from Entebbe airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Chimpanzee trekking for the energetic
- Game drives across the savannah
- Excellent bird watching with over 600 species recorded in the park
- Boating safaris on the Kazinga Channel
- Wildlife gorge walks
- Community coffee tour
- Search for the tree-climbing lions of Ishasha
- Wetland birding trips
- Omumashaka Drama Group