Set on a beautiful beach in the south west of Pemba Island to the north-east of Zanzibar, and only accessible by boat, Fundu Lagoon is highly acclaimed. Privately owned, and run with a love for the surrounding natural environment, it is remote, peaceful and the epitome of shabby chic – stylish, indulgent and totally relaxed.
Wooden walkways and sandy paths lead to sixteen spacious Makuti thatched tented rooms and suites. Set on hardwood decks amongst the trees on a hillside and the edge of the beautiful white sand beach, they are beautifully appointed in a mixture of colonial and ethnic style. Each has a hardwood-panelled bathroom with walk-in shower and hot running water, a large verandah with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and a private plunge pool. The main restaurant is set under thatch, open-sided with vies of the ocean. Fundu's cuisine reflects the culture of Zanzibar - a subtle fusion of Arabic, Indian, Swahili and colonial influences alongside more familiar vegetable, fish and meat dishes.
- The daily fisherman's catch and unusual tropical fruits add an exotic twist to traditional international dishes.
- Private dining and picnics can also be arranged.
- There are also three bars, including the Jetty Bar situated on a jetty a third of the way out to sea - perfect for daytime lounging and evening sundowners.
- Other amenities include a magnificent hillside swimming pool and the Fundu Fusion Spa, which embraces the ancient healing philosophies of both Africa and Asia.
- Fundu Lagoon is surrounded by some of the world's best dive sites and has a fully equipped dive center and a fleet of boats.
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, fishing and catamaran yacht charters are also available.
Whatever you are looking for, Fundu Lagoon provides a friendly, relaxed haven of serenity and stunning natural beauty.