Xanadu was the 13th century capital of Kublai Khan – imagined by many to be a paradise. Stay at Xanadu Villas in Zanzibar and you’ll come to the same opinion.
It’s early evening. You lean back in your villa’s rooftop pool and watch the sun set and the sky above you slowly turn blue-black. The fragrance of the Spice Islands is on the soft evening air; will you dine on your private terrace or in Xanadu’s elegant restaurant?
Specify Xanadu Villas when you’re planning your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zanzibar and you’ll be able to indulge your appreciation of luxury, as well as your taste for adventure. Xanadu is set beside an irresistible white beach and offers experiences ranging from visiting giant tortoises on Prison Island, to swimming with dolphins and cruising aboard a stylish dhow. And the resort is less than an hour from ancient Stone Town, a jumble of historic alleyways, flamboyantly decorated buildings and atmospheric squares.
Xanadu Villas, at a glance
- Exclusive, luxury resort on a stretch of white sand, fringed by the Indian Ocean
- Less than an hour from historic Stone Town
- Choice of just six uncompromising, one and two bedroom villas
- The one bedroom villas feature private plunge pools (one on a rooftop terrace) and en suite bathrooms with waterfall showerd
- Two bedroom villas typically offer cool white décor, high domed ceilings, designer stone bathrooms and East African-inspired artefacts
- Stylish restaurants serving food with the aromatic fragrances of the Spice Islands
For leisure and pleasure
- Relax beside a sublime swimming pool or indulge in the Kiota Nest Spa
- Excursions to see the ancient alleyways and highly decorative architecture of atmospheric Stone Town
- Boat trips from Stone Town to Prison Island to meet giant Aldabra tortoises
- Sunset cruise aboard a romantic, traditionally-rigged dhow
- Sea kayaking and paddle boarding along forest creeks
- Scuba diving and spear fishing
- Snorkelling on the Blue Lagoon
- Surfing and kite surfing Swimming with dolphins at Kizimkazi • Expeditions to see the wildlife of Jozani Forest
- Zanzibar spice tours