Boasting a prime location on one of the country’s best beaches, Zuri Zanzibar provides a luxurious and relaxing stay with a superb selection of accommodations.
A brand new hotel to grace the shores of Northern Zanzibar, Zuri Zanzibar wows with its elegant design, attention to detail and marvelous location. Accommodations consists of 55 bungalows, suites and villas set amongst lush gardens, the majority of which boast sweeping Indian Ocean views. The hotel’s design skilfully combines environmentally friendly architecture with contemporary touches, whilst locally made furniture and African artwork gives each room the unique flair of the Zanzibar Islands.
All rooms have tropical outdoor showers, private terraces and 48-inch flat screen TVs, but for the best views choose to stay in one of the ocean-facing suites or villas. For families or groups of friends the ocean-front luxury villa is a fantastic option; complete with its own private stretch of beach, infinity pool and 500 meter squares of living space.
But fantastic accommodations is not the only reason to make Zuri Zanzibar a part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation. You’ll find the calm, turquoise waters off Kendwa beach are perfect for swimming in, and numerous lively restaurants within walking distance. You can practice yoga and enjoy excellent snorkeling, and in the evening, have a romantic dinner on the beach with a brilliant sunset as your backdrop.
Zuri Zanzibar, at a glance
- Beautiful beach-front property located in Kendwa Village on the west coast of Unguja
- Choice of 55 standalone bungalows, suites and beach villas
- Most enjoy dazzling and uninterrupted ocean views
- Décor includes African art and locally curated furniture
- All guestrooms feature organic bathroom amenities, flat screen TVs, and tropical outdoor showers
- Suites and villas have private Jacuzzis
- The only African beach property that is a member of Design Hotels
For leisure and pleasure
- Direct access to a private, white-sanded beach that stretches for 300 meters and is free from tide-impact
- Take a dip in the 32 meter long infinity pool
- Relax in a private seating pod in the hotel’s luxuriant Spice Garden
- PADI Dive Center, with fantastic nearby dive sites including Mnemba Atoll marine park and Tumbatu island
- Yoga and outdoor/indoor fitness areas
- Maua Wellness spa with three massage rooms, Jacuzzi deck and salon
- Enjoy BBQs and private dining on the beach
- Swahili cooking classes with the hotel’s chef
- Explore the local areas of Kendwa and Nungwi