Once the home of Nhanzwa bushmen, and the hunting grounds of Matabele royalty, Hwange is now the natural habitat of big game – and wildlife watchers.
Open your eyes at first light and you could be in a luxury hotel offering a carefully-designed ‘safari’ room, complete with canvas walls and zip-down windows. But your ears will remind you that you’re in the middle the bush; in one of best game-viewing areas in the whole of Zimbabwe. As you listen to the dawn chorus of robins and hornbills you’ll congratulate yourself on including The Hide Safari Camp in your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Zimbabwe.
Stroll out onto your wooden-decked veranda and you’ll be overlooking a busy watering hole, where elephant, kudu and giraffe, amongst many other creatures, arrive, eager for an early morning drink. And your day of game-viewing and discovering nature in all its forms has hardly begun!
The Hide Safari Camp, at a glance
- Extremely well appointed safari camp in the heart of Hwange National Park
- accommodations for a maximum of just 20 guests in eight standard tents and two luxurious, tented suites
- En suite bathrooms, some with huge baths or outdoor showers
- Designer bush décor
- Superbly cooked farmhouse menu with a modern fusion twist
For leisure and pleasure
- Laze in a hammock
- Watch elephant, zebra, waterbuck, impala, kudu and giraffe from the veranda
- Game drives to neighboring water holes to see lion, rhino, leopard
- Bird watching with over 400 different species
- Bush walks and big game trekking on foot with experienced guides
- Waterhole hideaway for close up animal encounters
- Evenings under the stars in the romantic Dove’s Nest