For those looking to experience the enchanting Sarawak rainforest as well as the rich culture of the indigenous Iban people, the Aiman Batang Ai Resort is the place to be.
The property itself is constructed in the style of a local Iban village, with rustic rooms in the form of traditional longhouses as well as more spacious two-storey duplex suites. Both feature polished woods, individually controlled air conditioning, ceiling fans and plenty of natural light. Each room has its own shower and restroom whilst a common sitting area can be found in every block. Meals are served in the Nanga Mepi Restaurant, whilst other facilities include a bar, spa, pool and tennis court.
The only way of reaching the Aiman Batang Ai Resort is by boat. It sits on the outskirts of one of the world’s oldest rainforests in Borneo, home not only to a vast array of unique wildlife but also local Iban communities. You will have a chance to meet the local people on guided excursions and learn more about their traditional way of life. Other activities include day and night jungle walks, fishing on the lake, cooking demonstrations, cruises and kayaking.
Aiman Batang Ai Resort & Retreat, at a glance
- Lakeside resort built in the style of a traditional Iban village
- Beautiful views over Batang Ai Lake
- 100 simply yet comfortably furnished rooms and duplex suites
- In-room amenities include air conditioning, ceiling fans, tea and coffee facilities
- Common seating areas in every block
- Enjoy delicious, exotic dishes at the restaurant
- Sip on cocktails or traditional rice wine at the bar
- About four hours from Kuching
For leisure and pleasure
- On-site shop selling various handicrafts and accessories
- Wellness center with four treatment rooms
- Tennis court which can also be used for futsal and volleyball
- Adult and children swimming pools
- Follow nature trails and jungle treks
- Full and half day excursions to traditional longhouses to interact with the local people