Sister ship to the Akademik Sergey Vavilov, the Ioffe combines speed and stability with wonderful facilities and dedicated staff to make for an excellent expedition vessel.
Comfortable and reassuringly sturdy, the Akademik Ioffe was especially designed for research in the polar regions and is superb at navigating their waters. The ship is fast – capable of doing up to 14.5 knots in open water – which means more time can be spent experiencing the wonderful wildlife and scenery of the destination. Carrying a maximum of 96 passengers, the Ioffe has the feel of a true, small expedition ship, with an exciting schedule of activities led by enthusiastic guides and experts.
When you’re not enjoying excursions, you can make use of the vessel’s excellent on-board facilities which include a fitness room, hot water spa and Jacuzzi, sauna and plunge pool. There’s also multi-level deck areas where you can watch for wildlife and drink in 360 degree views of the mesmerising polar landscapes. Alternatively, you may wish to enjoy a movie in the lounge or settle down with a book in the library.
Akademik Ioffe, at a glance
- Comfortable, fast and manoeuvrable expedition vessel
- Carrying a maximum of 96 passengers
- Rooms range from standard cabins to spacious suites with large picture windows
- Separate lounge and bar area
- A library where you can catch up on some reading
- theater style presentation room
- On-board facilities include a gift shop, fitness room, massage room, hot water spa, sauna, Jacuzzi and plunge pool
- Exciting activities ranging from onshore excursions and zodiac cruises to on board activities
- Complimentary expedition gear package which includes waterproof jackets, bib-pants and rubber boots
- Delicious meals are prepared by the culinary team and served in the large dining room
Where will the Akademik Ioffe take you?
- Antarctic Circle and Peninsula
- South Georgia and the Falkland Islands
- South Shetland Islands
- Weddell Sea