Join the Greg Mortimer for an unforgettable expedition to the polar regions. With state-of-the-art facilities and world-renowned activity leaders, this brand-new vessel brings small ship expedition cruising to a whole new level.
Sleek, fast and comfortable, with four Zodiac loading decks, a specially-crafted activity platform and a highly-experienced expedition team, the Greg Mortimer has all the ingredients required for a visit to the most far flung corners of the globe. Set for completion in 2019, this purpose-built vessel boasts a patented X-bow hull specifically designed for faster and steadier travel through the waves, whilst also reducing fuel consumption and air pollution emissions.
Modern and custom-designed, the Greg Mortimer boasts exceptional facilities that include two hydraulic viewing platforms that offer an uninterrupted view of the passing landscapes. As well as daily shore landings, the ship’s activity platform provides a jumping off point for a variety of activities such as scuba diving, sea kayaking, snowshoeing and skiing. And after the adventures of the day you’ll be able to retire to your stylish cabin with its private bathroom and floor-to-ceiling windows.
Greg Mortimer, at a glance
- 104-meter purpose-built expedition vessel from Aurora Expeditions
- Carrying a total of just 120 passengers accommodated across five stateroom categories
- All staterooms enjoy private bathrooms, twin and double-bed configuration options, plenty of storage and daily cabin service
- The majority of staterooms also have private balconies, whilst large windows allow you to watch for wildlife and enjoy the scenery from the comfort of your own room
- Enjoy family-style dining in the large dining room, plus 24 hours’ complimentary coffee, tea and snacks
- Utilising the latest in naval technology, the ship smoothly navigates strong waves and winds
- Excellent facilities including an activity platform offering kayaking, ski touring, climbing, camping and more
- Specially designed sea-level Zodiac landing platforms making for easy transfers on shore excursions
- 15 Zodiacs with two or three landings per day
- Dedicated observations spaces, including an indoor 180-degree lounge and 360-degree open deck
- Environmentally friendly with high fuel efficiency and reduced emissions
Where will the Greg Mortimer take you?
- Antarctic Peninsula
- Weddell Sea
- South Georgia and the Falkland Islands