Australia is packed with its own unique natural wonders, but nowhere has more wonderful attractions than the astonishing marine environments and scenic regions surrounding Thala Beach Nature Reserve.
Beneath you a shoal of silver striped fish arrow across the reef, their bright yellow tails propelling them effortlessly through the crystal clear water. Beneath them the Great Barrier Reef shimmers in the dappled sunlight. This has got to be one of the world’s greatest natural underwater wonders – one you simply should not miss on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Australia.
Stay at Thala Beach Nature Reserve and you’ll discover its land-based natural phenomena are barely less spectacular. You’ll be able to explore a rare littoral rainforest in the company of knowledgeable rangers. You’ll see ospreys, embark on butterfly walks and gaze deep into the universe though an unpolluted night sky. Before sleeping in a stylish hotel featuring rustic suites and bungalows standing amidst whispering eucalyptus trees.
Thala Beach, at a glance
- Classy eco-lodge style hotel standing beside an untouched beach
- Within easy reach of the historic town of Port Douglas
- Choice of suites and bungalows surrounded by indigenous trees
- Coral Sea bungalow – for example – is a treehouse set in the forest canopy with fabulous views over the Coral Sea
- Jungle walk bungalows are set deep in the forest
- Modern interior design incorporates eco-friendly natural materials and muted colourways
- Stylish en suites bathrooms
- Private balconies, terraces or decks with far-reaching views of the forest or ocean
- Ospreys Restaurant serving refined cuisine complemented by panoramic views over the sea, plus Herbie’s Beach Shack and a cocktail bar and lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Great base for visiting the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas and Cairns
- Discover the remarkable indigenous flora and fauna on wildlife tours and nature walks
- Expert rangers and guides
- Explore littoral rainforest, sand dunes and groves of eucalypts
- Watch wildlife like ospreys, Bryde’s whales and pods of snub fin dolphins without leaving the resort
- Excellent birdwatching and butterfly walks
- Star gazing beneath a crystal clear night sky
- Coconut plantation tours
- Cultural meetings with the Kuku Yalangi people
- Sea kayaking