In Australian terms, Tasmania is a small island. But it’s packed with natural wonders and wonderful experiences – nowhere more so than the national park that surrounds Freycinet Lodge.
Tasmania has a spirit all its own and a character that is completely different from North Island (as the locals love to call mainland Australia). It has its own flora and fauna too; ranging from the fabled Tasmanian devil – stand well back; this is a creature of unbridled ferocity and little sense of humour – to mighty, centuries-old huon pine trees.
You can drive from the southern tip to the northern most point in a day, but if you really want to stay somewhere that encapsulates the island, specify Freycinet Lodge on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Tasmania. Here you’ll be surrounded by stunning beaches and horizon-wide seas, dense green forests, towering mountains, eucalyptus-cloaked hills and deserted bays reached only by tiny tracks, or by boat.
Freycinet Lodge, at a glance
- Stylish and comfortable lodge set amidst stunning Freycinet National Park
- Just minutes from Coles Bay
- Choice of cabins ranging from one room to those large enough to accommodate families
- French doors leading to private balconies or terraces overlooking the park’s natural landscape
- Cool en suite bathrooms
- Most cabins are large enough for up to four guests
- Premier cabins have marble bathrooms and double-size spa tubs with views of the park, plus direct access to Richardson’s Beach
- Choice of Richardson’s Bistro, The Bay Restaurant and Hazards Bar and Lounge for great food and relaxed socialising
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect setting for exploring the magical Freycinet National Park
- Superb beaches like Coles Bay and Richardson’s Beach
- Excursions through the astounding countryside between Wineglass Bay and The Hazards
- Sea kayaking along the coastline through waters so clear you can easily see the marine life below
- Quad biking and ATV exploration to South Friendly Beaches
- Scenic flights over the island
- Visits to Freycinet Marine Farm
- Bush walking through the park
- Boat cruises from Wineglass Bay
- Bicheno penguin tours to see the birds up close
- Lunch tours presenting the best of Tasmania’s excellent food and renowned wine