It’s a spectacle you’ll never tire of, so if you’re visiting Uluru – the world famous Ayers Rock – choose the only hotel to offer you direct views of it.
Uluru is a sacred place to the Pitjantjatjara Anangu Aboriginal people. You’ll understand why as you approach the Rock for the first time. This huge mass of red stone erupts from the Northern Territory’s bushlands, dominating the landscape for miles around. It is magnificent in its splendid isolation; the nearest town of any size is Alice Springs, over 450 km away.
So, if you’re travelling to this spectacular but remote region on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Australia it makes sense not to let the Rock out of your sight. Stay at the Desert Gardens and you’ll be in the only hotel with rooms that actually have views of Uluru. And you’ll also be able to access all the sightseeing and touring opportunities the region has to offer.
Desert Gardens Hotel, at a glance
- Extremely luxurious, four and a half star hotel in a commanding position overlooking Uluru
- Set within an oasis of indigenous plants and shady trees
- Choice of 218 guest rooms including standard, deluxe and deluxe rock view rooms
- Great views of Uluru, towards the impressive Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park or of the gardens with their beautiful ghost gums
- Private balconies or courtyard areas
- Stylish en suite bathrooms
- Many rooms completely refurbished for 2017 by contemporary interior designers
- Excellent food served in the appropriately named White Gums Restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Great swimming pool with sun decks and comprehensive bar
- The foremost base for exploring the Uluru area, especially Ayers Rock and Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Walking distance from the Rock’s best viewing points and lookouts stations
- Minutes from the town square and highlights like Red Ochre Spa
- Within very easy reach of the resort’s major facilities and touring operations
- Guided and self-guided walks through the hotel’s substantial native gardens
- Close to the resort’s most prominent dining, cultural, entertainment and nightlife opportunities