Which is more impressive? The outside views of the magnificent lake and the mountains marching across the skyline – or the interiors with their twinkling chandeliers and original artworks?
Lake Tekapo Lodge likes to do things differently. So you’ll be greeted by a personal welcome – and a canine statue at the door. Inside, you’ll find the hallway is actually an art gallery featuring contemporary local art. You’ll find a dining room with a three metre, black lacquered table. And you’ll find individually themed rooms; the height of style, with features like crystal chandeliers. Not to mention stunning views over the lake.
But Lake Tekapo Lodge also features a unique outdoors, offering a range of different activities. Make the lodge part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand and you’ll be able to play golf, ski in season or go star-gazing from the top of Mount John. You could even see the Aurora Australis.
Lake Tekapo Lodge, at a glance
- Small, exclusive and stylish lodge beside wonderful Lake Tekapo
- Choice of just three guest rooms overlooking the lake, complete with designer-themed décor and en suite bathrooms
- Plus one guest room with queen-sized bed and en suite bathroom
- Maximum of only eight guests ensures you receive personal, undivided attention
- Dining room serving delicious, locally-focussed food and equally ravishing views of the lake and mountains
For leisure and pleasure
- Walkway gives direct access to Tekapo Village
- Tekapo Hot Springs and Spa close by
- Unrivalled skiing during the snow season
- Star gazing trips with Earth & Sky to the summit of Mount John
- Opportunity the see the Aurora Austalis
- Golf course close to the lodge
- Lounge with fireplace and extensive library
- Extensive wine cellar
- Local and contemporary art on display