See the spectacular countryside surrounding Rotorua from a different perspective – take a scenic flight in a float plane, from the pier outside your lakeside hotel.
The views over Lake Rotorua towards Mokoia Island and beyond to the brooding shape of Mount Tarawera are impressive enough. An hour or so spent contemplating their magnitude and tranquillity is truly relaxing. But if you really want an eye-opening visual experience you merely have to walk a few steps along the side of the lake from Koura Lodge – to the pier where a scenic flight in a float plane could well prove the highlight of your whole luxury, tailor-made vacation to New Zealand.
The excitement of Rotorua doesn’t end there. Within easy reach of Koura Lodge are activities and adventures ranging from visiting the region’s natural geothermal wonders to learning about Maori culture, from exploring leisure and wildlife parks to taking eco-tours or embarking on quad bike adventures.
Koura Lodge, at a glance
- Four star lodge with panoramic views over Lake Rotorua
- Only five minutes’ drive from Rotorua city center
- Choice of 10 luxurious guest rooms, all with magnificent lake views
- Floor-to-ceiling French doors leading to private hardwood verandas
- The two bedroom apartment has a lounge and dining area
- Many rooms have covered verandas and spa baths
- Family rooms have either one or two en suite bathrooms
- Renowned five star breakfasts and dinners served in an elegant lakeside dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Open air hot tub and sauna beside the lake
- Scenic flights in a float plane from a pier beside the hotel
- Canoeing, kayaking and fishing expeditions
- Perfect base for exploring the countryside and attractions that abound in the region
- Eco-tours of the soaring forests, quad biking expeditions, cycling and mountain bike riding along wilderness paths, golf, visits to see geothermal wonders, museums and galleries are all available within the locale
- Maori cultural experiences