New Zealand is a country full of contrasts and surprising places – but none of them are more striking than the area of outstanding natural beauty around Lake Moeraki.
From Wilderness Lodge, Lake Moeraki, your luxury, tailor-made vacation to New Zealand will become a series of adventures and expeditions in a truly great, great outdoors. You can embark on a signature walk along the wild coastline to meet dolphins, penguins and fur seals. You can hand feed giant eels in the shallows of Moeraki River, or fish for huge trout. Naturalists will reveal the secrets of the quiet forests of New Zealand’s astonishing South West World Heritage Area and experienced guides will show you untouched quartz beaches and kayak with you across tranquil coastal lagoons.
Then, when you have satisfied your lust for adventure, you can retire to the cozy comfort of a wilderness lodge serving excellent hearty food complemented by full bodied New Zealand wines.
Wilderness Lodge, at a glance
- Charming lodge on the banks of the picturesque Moeraki River
- Set in the heart of the South West World Heritage Area
- Choice of 20 rainforest, four garden and four river view rooms
- Rainforest rooms typically offer superb views over the surrounding forest
- River view rooms have their own private decks with vistas stretching over the Moeraki River’s dramatic rapids
- Garden rooms feature queen and single beds
- En suite bathrooms, many with spa baths and separate showers
- Riverside Restaurant serving excellent wilderness-style food complimented by first class regional wines
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided nature adventures led by a team of naturalists and guides
- Hiking through ancient woodlands
- Fly fishing in crystal rivers and hand feeding giant freshwater eels
- Birdwatching, photography and penguin encounters
- Guided trips to discover the rainforest; its birds, orchids and trees
- Kayaking and river exploration
- Tours to see the wildlife of Lake Moeraki
- Go star gazing and watching glow worms in the forest
- Tailored half day and full day expeditions