Perched on the lower slopes of the Bisoke Volcano close to the Volcanoes National Park, Bisate Lodge combines a high standard of accommodation with a dedication to the conservation of its natural surroundings.
Of course, one of the top highlights of a stay here is the opportunity for encounters with endangered mountain gorillas. The lodge sits just a short drive from the Volcanoes National Park, whose enchanting landscape of volcanic peaks and bamboo forests shelter half of the world’s population of wild mountain gorillas. Gorilla treks led by expert guides depart daily from the park’s headquarters, taking you on a memorable journey in search of these magnificent primates.
Bisate Lodge is a new addition to Wilderness Safaris’ collection of ‘premier camps’. Located in some of Africa’s most exclusive wildlife areas, these camps offer luxury accommodation – but do so in a sustainable way – and are carefully designed to stand in harmony with their surroundings. Bisate Lodge is no exception, offering just six sumptuous rooms with contemporary interiors of warm greens, browns and greys. The lodge works closely with the local community on projects that support sustainable conservation of the area. Guests have the opportunity to directly contribute to the lodge’s restoration efforts by planting a tree sapling at the reforestation nursery.
Bisate Lodge, at a glance
- Part of Wilderness Safaris’ collection of ‘premier camps’ across Africa
- Only six luxurious and comfortable en-suite rooms with contemporary interiors
- The lodge is designed to reflect and stand in harmony with its environment, using natural materials like stone and wood
- Situated within an easy drive of the renowned Volcanoes National Park
- Exceptional views of the peaks of Bisoke, Karisimbi and Mikeno volcanoes from the lodge
For leisure and pleasure
- Gorilla treks depart daily from the park’s headquarters – a fabulous opportunity to encounter these rare primates
- Also on offer are golden monkey treks, birdwatching and guided hikes
- Visits to Dian Fossey’s grave and Research Centre
- Guided community walks where you can meet and engage with members of the local community
- Visit Bisate’s reforestation nursery and contribute to the lodge’s conservation efforts by planting a tree
- Rwandan coffee, tea and wine tastings
- Visit the nearby Twin Lakes
- Climb to the 3,700-metre summit of the Bisoke Volcano