Enjoying splendid seclusion in the foothills of Jamaica’s Blue Mountains, where lush rainforest meets the sparkling sea, far-flung Geejam is a place for solitude seekers, nature lovers and adventurists alike.
Owned by two music producers, Geejam is an effortlessly stylish, off-grid retreat on Jamaica’s northeast coast. Surrounded by six acres of tropical rainforest, the resort feels blissfully removed from the outside world whilst being just a short drive away from Port Antonio. At the hotel’s heart is the iconic Bushbar where guests dine on delicious Caribbean fusion dishes and Jamaican classics that draw on the chef’s own family recipes. Other facilities include a small spa, gym, infinity pool and beautiful private beach at Macks Bay. Don’t miss a tour of the hotel’s very own recording studio!
Scattered about the hillside are the five exclusive cabins, suites and villas, each with refined, modern interiors that celebrate the beauty of their tropical surroundings. All have verandas where you can drink in beautiful sea views. When not relaxing in your room, you can discover some of the idyllic beaches nearby (including the celebrated Frenchman’s Cove) or venture into the surrounding rainforest on a hike or birdwatching excursions. The hotel can also arrange trips to the stunning Blue Lagoon or rafting excursions on the Rio Grande.
Geejam Hotel, at a glance
- Wonderfully secluded Jamaican hideaway set on six acres of tropical rainforest
- Irresistibly laidback atmosphere
- Five air-conditioned cabins, suites and villas tucked into the lush foliage and linked by paths to the beach
- Earthy-toned decor featuring deep red cushions, red paving stones and dark hardwood furniture
- Each room has its own veranda where you can drink in beautiful sea views
- Unique artwork from the likes of Philippe Starck and Banksy
- At the heart of the hotel, the Bushbar offers authentic Jamaican cuisine and an extensive drinks menu alongside superb views across the water and mountains
- Just a 10-minute drive from Port Antonio
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy a tour of the hotel’s famous recording studio
- Visit the hotel’s private beach at Macks Bay, a beautiful stretch of white sand lapped by shimmering waters
- Within easy reach of Fisherman’s Cove, one of the country’s finest beaches
- Make use of the refreshing infinity pool, small spa and yoga deck
- The hotel can organise rafting excursions on the Rio Grande, as well as visits the Blue Lagoon and Boston Bay
- Enjoy superb hiking and birdwatching the surrounding rainforest
- Enjoy regular performances by local bands and musicians