Surrounded by palm-lined beaches on the southern tip of the Placencia Peninsula, Chabil Mar Villas is an irresistibly laidback hideaway.
Set on its own 400ft stretch of soft sand on Belize’s dreamy Caribbean coast, Chabil Mar Villas takes pride in its privacy. Dotted along the beach, all villas are sea-facing and come beautifully framed by tropical vegetation. Interiors feature locally grown hardwoods and the work of local artisans, with the welcome addition of a private veranda or terrace.
When not making use of the private beach and pier, the traditional fishing village of Placencia is just a short stroll or bike ride away. You can even use one of the complimentary kayaks or paddle boards to get there. Otherwise, there’s two infinity pools to enjoy, as well as visits to nearby Mayan ruins and wonderful snorkelling excursions. When it comes to food, the Chabil Mar offers fabulous beachfront, poolside and in-villa dining featuring the delicious creations of Chef Daniel. The freshest possible ingredients are always used, with breads and traditional Belizean fry jacks made fresh each morning.
Chabil Mar Resort, at a glance
- Laidback, all-villa resort set on a soft beach on Belize’s unspoilt Caribbean coast
- Locally-inspired interiors featuring local hardwood and original artwork
- 21 spacious, self-contained suites housed in five villa buildings
- Each villa has either a private terrace or balcony overlooking the sparkling sea, as well as a full kitchen and large living room
- Modern Belizean cuisine served al fresco by the beach, pool or pier
- Kaleidoscope Bar and Lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- A stroll along the beach away from Placencia Village with its shops, beach bars and nightlife
- Private beach and pier
- Two infinity swimming pools
- Complimentary kayaks, bikes and paddle boards
- Golf carts are available for a small fee to drive around between the resort and village
- Concierge desk to arrange tours in the local area, including snorkelling, diving, fishing and visits to Mayan ruins