Copal Tree Lodge is set in the verdant hills in southern Belize. The definition of agritourism-chic: it’s a jungle lodge, organic farm, and a 12,000 acre nature reserve.
Copal Tree Lodge offers the best in local food and culture, active adventures, wildlife viewing, saltwater fly fishing, and world-class hospitality. A full-service resort with two swimming pools, spa, farm-to-table restaurant, on-site rum distillery, organic coffee and sugar farms, and more. Each of the seventeen suites have a breathtaking view of the jungle. Copal Tree Lodge offers an all-inclusive package allowing guests to indulge in all the resort has to offer.
The lodge offers elegance and comfort in the rainforest and is conveniently located 1 hour by air from Belize City and five miles by road north of Punta Gorda Town. The hotel has 12,000 acres of territory in coastal mountains and rainforest along 2 km of the Rio Grande, offering world-class birding, hiking, and Mayan exploration. The clear blue river offers canoeing, and easy access to the flats and cayes of the Caribbean Sea 20 minutes downstream. Copal Tree Lodge is recognized as a world class angling destination.
Belcampo Lodge, at a glance
- Sustainable farming meets rainforest ecosystems
- Indoor-outdoor living helping you feel at one with the forest
- Sprawling verandas on two levels
- Twelve excellently appointed individual cabanas terraced above a jungle hillside.
- Vaulted beamed ceilings, terra cotta floors and sitting areas
- Spa bathrooms with stone-clad showers overlooking the jungle
- Lodge restaurant serving specialities of Belize - 70% of food served at the restaurant is sourced from on property farm
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa offering massages and forest views
- Superb bird watching and wildlife expeditions
- Fly fishing, canoeing and kayaking on the Rio Grande
- snorkeling and diving
- Rainforest, Mayan village, waterfalls, caves and Mayan ruin hiking trips
- Coffee and fine dining master classes
- Farm and Maya garden walking tours through groves of wild spices and heritage vegetable plots